This is the point of the semester where I just want to thud my head down on the desk. Unfortunately, it’s mostly due to my own overachieving stupidity (see 3 through 5 below).
Things on my plate:
1. I just finished my second (and last thankfully) midterm. I had midterms in Con Law and Sales. I feel good about Sales. I feel good about Con Law too, but since it’s a curved class my “goodness” all depends on how everyone else did.
2. I have about 12 more pages to write on my long paper which is due Nov. 1. Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing left to say.
3. I have two assigned ACs and I (foolishly?) volunteered to take on another one.
4. I’m trying out for a moot court competition. I sent in a writing sample and cover letter last week. I just heard today that I “get” to do an oral argument as well. I’ll be reliving my WRAP summary judgment motion from last year. I never thought I’d have to go through that again. Well, it can’t be as bad as that WRAP class was.
5. We’re having a big birthday party for me this weekend-Oktoberfest style. Cleaning and cooking are in my future.
6. I’m taking the MPRE (a required ethics exam) on Nov. 6. I think I’ll start studying sometime soon…
7. I need to get a second round of cover letters and resumes out to more Dallas firms ASAP.
8. We’re hosting Thanksgiving.
All in all, a lot to do, but a lot of fun stuff going on too. Things are good. I’m excited for my party; I wanted to do it last year but decided it was too much. I would say second year is definitely more work, but there’s less fear, too.