If you hadn’t noticed, today’s date is 12-12-12. That’s three twelves in a row. So today’s post is sponsored by the letter R and the number 12. Hahahaha.
Re-read the above in the voice of The Count from Sesame Street. Because that’s how I was saying it as I wrote it.
Twelve Random Things
1. I created a new watermark for my photos. I like it better than just text because it carries the “note” theme through the blog because it’s a note tag.
2. Jaye got a balloon at the mall last week. She played with it at home like a punching bag. These balloons were up in Nordstrom on the shoe displays. Lots of other kids in the area had one, so I just took one off the display for Jaye.
3. I got my TX Driver’s License this week. I’d been dreading going to the DMV because–well because it’s the DMV. But I went to the Carrolton location and I was in and out in half an hour. Seriously, I checked my phone as I first went in (it was 9:47), and I was back in the car at 10:18. Also, the first thing they did was check to make sure I had all the documents I needed before I waited my turn! Ahh-mazing!
4. Jaye has become obsessed with books. She is constantly bringing me a book to read. Her favorite ones have flaps or things for her to do (or puppies. She loves puppies). Here she is with her Pops, reading.
5. My sister Lucy turned 16 on Monday. We celebrated Sunday night with IHOP and tiramisu. She had called a few days beforehand and asked if I could make tiramisu for her birthday. Only a really awesome 16-year-old requests tiramisu instead of birthday cake. We didn’t have normal birthday candles, so we just gathered 16 candles from around the house.
6. Speaking of tiramisu, I made a really fabulous almond amaretto tiramisu. I made it in a springform pan so it would stand up and look beautiful. And it did, if I do say so myself. The only thing I would change is adding an extra layer of ladyfingers because since I was using a taller pan than the recipe called for the cream layer was thicker. I used the Tiramisu II recipe on allrecipes.com
7. I hate the way the pictures I upload to my blog on WordPress always start with a white border around them. I can go in and remove it for each picture, but I can’t figure out how to change that default. Anyone else know?
8. Twelve things is more than I realized when I started this post.
9. A bedroom reveal is coming soon. Meanwhile, here’s a sneak peek at the awesome bedside table lamps. It’s been nice to have them. We turn them on at night and get to read for a bit by a nice cozy light and then turn out the light without getting out of bed. If you want, you can check out before pictures of the bedroom (if you’re brave) and the gray and yellow bedroom moodboard.
10. Jaye’s new Jellycat stuffed animal came in the mail yesterday (I love Amazon!), and it’s adorable. We decided on a rhino. I can’t wait for her to open it!
11. We took Jaye to the Richardson Christmas Village last Friday evening. She had a great time. We walked around and just looked at the lights. Then we checked out the goat pen. Obviously, she loved the goats, and we played there for awhile. The only other house we went in was one with tiny, tiny kittens and puppies. Another huge hit for my animal-loving baby girl.
12. I found the journal my mom wrote for me when I was a baby recently while we were cleaning the garage. The first entry was when I was 16 months old, just the age Jaye is. I had tears in my eyes after the first page, so I didn’t read more at the time. Sometime soon though.