Oh man. Law school is really ramping up now! Here are some highlights, lowlights, and just-plain-lights of the past week (or maybe two, it all runs together…).
- My first two hockey games with William Mitchell and the Fighting Eelpout. Two main take-aways from these games: Hockey is good for de-stressing. I’m very small.
- Study Group: I have a good study group. We have some good plans and deadlines for how we’re going to approach outlining and studying for finals. Good discipline to keep me on track and good discussion to make sure I’m understanding the concepts, etc.
- Sundays at Tea Source: Starting to become a routine.
- Settlers of Catan: Still kicking Laura’s butt at this game. We’ve ended up playing at least every other week with Laura and her husband Chris, and their friend Joe. Phil and I also played last night with non-law school friends Chapel and Astrid.
- Classes. Only three weeks left of these. Feeling pretty in the swing of things when it comes to class prep. It’s nice to feel more like I know what I’m doing, at least in comparison to how I felt at the beginning of the semester.
- Still hating WRAP though. Still don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing in that class. Pretty worried about the IRACs we have to write in class this week and the full office memo due next week. I just feel frustrated by this class most of the time. I understand that teaching people to write is a tough job, but I just wish they would give me more examples of good legal writing and memos to read so I’d know what I’m aiming for instead of trying to stumble onto it in a dark room.